Fundraising vil si at Wikimedia Norge inngår en avtale med Wikimedia Fondation om at penger samlet inn i lokalområdet blir fordelt mellom Wikimedia Norge og Wikimedia Fondation.
For aksjonen i 2010 vil det være et møte i Bristol 14-16 mai 2010. Wikimedia Norge må sende noen til dette møtet.
Skattefritak på gaver til Wikimedia Norge - arbeidsdokument, søknad fritak for gaver til frivillige organisasjoner, søknad fritak for gaver til vitenskapelige organisasjoner.
Dette må sees på i samarbeid med Wikimedia Fundations program og om vi skal delta der da det vil ha innvirkning på om vi kommer inn under reglene.
Avtalen det skal taes stilling til
Dette er avtalen fra 2009, antakelig kan det bli endringer etter møtet i Bristol.
- Obligations of the Chapter
- The Chapter will complete its compliance with any residual obligations from the 2008 Chapter Fundraising Agreement.
- The Chapter will pursue tax-deductible/NGO status if applicable and obtainable in the Chapter's home country.
- The Chapter must own and administer a bank account and be able to receive donations, deposit donations in its bank account, and make monetary transfers or other payments from the bank account.
- The Chapter must follow established accounting and reporting practices regarding its revenue and spending.
- The Chapter will, within 4 weeks of signing the agreement, provide the WMF with a schedule of planned events, programs, and/or expenditures that the Chapter will be executing with the fundraising revenue. The schedule should have a brief description of the program, a projected timeline, and a budget for each program. On its Chapter Fundraising webpage, the Chapter will publish similar information about its programs, how donations are used, and ways to donate.
- The Chapter will remit 50% of gross online fundraising revenue that stems from any Wikimedia project to the WMF no later than two months after the receipt of the gift.
- The Chapter will provide a report of online revenues no later than four weeks after the end of each month.
- The Chapter will provide WMF with a hyperlink to its Chapter Fundraising Webpage.
- At the end of the fiscal year, the Chapter will publicly release full accounting of revenues collected and spent, i.e., a Chapter Annual Report.
- The Chapter will assign a point of contact (Fundraising Coordinator) for all matters related to fundraising. (See Chapter Fundraising Basics#Donor Database).
- The Chapter will commit to acknowledge and thanking all donors within three months of the close of the fundraiser (preferably earlier), including fulfillment of any legal obligations required in the Chapter's jurisdiction (tax deductibility, government reporting, etc).
- The Chapter will aim to adhere to fundraising best practices in any follow-up with or further solicitation of donors. If in doubt as to whether some action is advisable, it will solicit advice from the WMF fundraising team.
- The Chapter will comply with all fundraising regulations applicable in its jurisdiction.
- The Chapter will not change or alter fundraising links to, from, or on Wikimedia projects without prior approval from the WMF Head of Community Giving or, in their absence, their direct supervisor.
- Obligations of WMF
- WMF will assign a primary point of contact for the Chapter for all matters related to fundraising for the duration of the fundraiser.
- WMF will provide a outlet for questions from the Chapter with regard to the online fundraiser and will provide answers to those questions.
- WMF will provide the Chapter with basic information and plans with regard to the online fundraiser - e.g., timeline of what happens when, list of contact people and their responsibilities, etc.
- WMF must own and administer a bank account and be able to receive donations, deposit donations in its bank account, and make monetary transfers or other payments from the bank account.
- WMF must follow established accounting and reporting practices regarding its revenue and spending.
- WMF will provide a report of online revenues no later than four weeks after the end of each month.
- At the end of the fiscal year, WMF will publicly release full accounting of revenues collected and spent, i.e., an Annual Report.
- WMF will commit to acknowledge and thanking all donors in a timely manner.
- WMF will aim to adhere to fundraising best practices in any follow-up with or further solicitation of donors.
- WMF will, to the limits of its capacity, provide the Chapter with fundraising expertise (feedback and/or advice), as requested. This may also include legal advice with regard to tax deductibility, donations acknowledgment, and other fundraising regulations and practices.
- WMF will work with Chapters on Chapter-specific advertising on various and appropriate WMF project sites and mechanisms (geo-notices, access to language site notices, etc.).
- In cooperation with the Chapter, WMF will develop a prominently-visible, appropriate text and visual presentation, including a hyperlink to the Chapter Fundraising webpage, on the WMF Fundraising landing page, in the relevant languages to the Chapter. As of July 30, 2009, the actual design of the new donation page will be determined in large part by the Annual Fundraiser Public Relations and Marketing plan which is scheduled to begin August 15, 2009. At this time, current plans include a re-designed donation page with upgraded giving streams (including prominent and easy Credit Card processing).
- With potential donors that we can determine a country (via geo-location of ISP), the donation page will be split 60/40 in shared presence between the WMF and Chapter. The donor can then choose to donate to the WMF or to the Chapter.
- If no location of a donor can be pre-determined, assume similar visibility as with the 2008 Annual Fundraiser. Sample visibility can be seen here: http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Donate/Now/de.
Wikimedia Sverige har arbeidet med dette og deres prosjektside kan være en mal for det arbeidet som må gjøres.
Lukket wiki der det finnes et hjørne der dette kan diskuteres.