Briefing from staff

Fra Wikimedia Norge
Hopp til navigering Hopp til søk
Denne siden er en oversatt versjon av siden Orientering fra ansatte og oversettelsen er 86 % ferdig.

Utdaterte oversettelser er markert på denne måten.
Andre språk:
English • ‎norsk bokmål

Before each board meeting the staff of Wikimedia Norge makes a summary of their work on this page

Styremøte 23. mai 2019

Handlingsplan for dette året er publisert her.

Støtteordninger og prosjekter

  • Wikistipend: Wikistipend kunne søkes om 15. februar og 15. mai. 15. mai var en ekstra søkandsfrist for reisestipend til Wikimania. 3 har søkt om reisestipend.
  • Wikigap: 7. mars hadde vi et WikiGap-arrangement i Tromsø, i samarbeid med Den svenske ambassaden i, Hålogaland teater og CatCollective som handlet om kjønnsubalanse i kultursektoren og på Wikipedia.
  • Wikitreff i Tromsø: 8. mars arrangerte vi et wikitreff i Tromsø med omvisning på Perspektivet Museum og middag etterpå.
  • Månedens konkurranse: Vi har sponset premier for 2 månedens konkurranser.
  • Praksisstudent fra OsloMet: I mai måned har vi hatt en student i praksis fra OsloMet som har jobbet med oversettelse av spørreundersøkelse, informasjonsarbeid og Rødlenke-prosjektet.
  • Skriveverksted i Trondheim: 14. mai arrangert frivillige bidragsytere skrivekurs på Trondheim Litteraturhus.
  • Wikipedia-biblioteket: 20 mai. blir de 6 tilgangene til Retriever fordelt på nytt og tilgang til bokhylla.no fra utenlandsk IP-adresse har blitt tildelt.
  • Rødlenke-prosjektet: Prosjektside med fremdrift og tiltak kan leses her. Prosjektstillingen på Nasjonalbiblioteket ble avsluttet 31. mars og vi jobber nå videre med Nasjonalbiblioteket på annet vis. Valgfaget på OsloMet knyttet til Rødlenke-prosjektet er blitt evaluert og starter opp igjen til høsten 2019. Da også for arkivstudenter.
  • Bodil Biørn-prosjektet: Prosjektside med fremdrift og tiltak kan leses her. Digitaliseringsdelen av det nye prosjektet (digitalisering av brev etter Biørn) er avtalt med Riksarkivet. Arbeidet med å få brevene på WikiKilden og oversatt til engelsk vil skje juni–august 2019.
  • Wikimedia Armenia har laget en fotobok av Biørns bilder som skal lanseres i Jerevan i juni, samtidig med en fotoutstilling på Genocide Museum. I november vil vi ha et arrangement på Riksarkivet hvor også en ansatt fra Wikimedia Armenia er invitert og vil delta.
  • Samisk-prosjektet: Prosjektside med fremdrift og tiltak kan leses her. Vi inviterte til et møte med en rekke kulturinstiusjoner sammen med Samisk hus i Oslo i januar for å snakke om digitalisering av samisk kulturarv. Ansatte deltok i februar på Sametingets språkkonferanse i Tromsø. I februar arrangerte vi en uralsk språkkonkurranse på Wikipedia. Vi har fått innvilget støtte til samisk prosjektet fra UNESCO Norge og Fritt Ord. Vi jobber nå med å forberede sommerens reiser og konferanser som i stor grad vil handle om det samiske-prosjektet vårt. Det er språkkonferansen Celtic Knot i Cornwall (to ansatte deltar), festivalen Márkomeannu (to ansatte deltar), Riddu Riddu-festivalen (to ansatte deltar) og Wikimania (alle tre ansatte deltar). Til begge konferansene har ansatte sendt inn forslag til presentasjoner. Èn ansatt er i tillegg forslagsstiller og arrangør av et av konferansesporene på Wikimania. Det er konferansesporet om språk. Vi arbeider med et større arrangement i oktober knyttet til det samiske prosjektet. Wikimedia Finland arbeider også med samisk innhold på Wikimedia-prosjektene nå og vi koordinerer arbeidet vårt med dem. Blant annet har finske bidragsytere levert inn forslag til flere innlegg på Wikidata Conference knyttet til samisk innhold.


Administrasjon

  • Kommunikasjonsrapport: Kommunikasjonsrapport for perioden kan leses her.
  • Halvårsrapport, juli 2018–januar 2019: Wikimedia Norge sin halvårsrapport til Wikimedia Foundation er publisert her.
  • Årsmøte: Årsmøtet til Wikimedia Norge ble avholdt 9. mars 2019 i Tromsø. Neste år vil årsmøte være i Oslo.
  • Ansatte i Wikimedia Norge: Jorid Martinsen sluttet 1. april. Åsa Paaske Gulbrandsen begynte 1. april i en 30 %-stilling som prosjektleder for mangfold. Åsa har jobbet for Wikimedia Norge tidligere også, og vi er veldig glade for at hun er tilbake i Wikimedia Norge. Kontoret har i løpet av perioden tatt imot to praksisstudenter fra OsloMet.
  • Møte med Wikimedia Foundation, communications departement: Vi hadde i april besøk av representanter fra Wikimedia Foundation, Communications Departement, som presenterte tanker rundt Wikimedia brand-strategi og vi ga våre innspill.
  • Wikimedia Summit-konferansen: Daglig leder og styreleder deltok på Wikimedia Summit i Berlin 29.–31. april. Daglig leder deltok også på et todagers daglig leder-møte i forkant av konferansen. Konferansens tema var det pågående internasjonale strategiarbeidet.
  • Økonomisk støtte fra Wikimedia Foundation juli 2019–juni 2020: En forenklet søknad ble sendt inn 1. april og kan leses her. Vi har redusert antall program i søknaden fra 4 til 3. Programmet som er kuttet ut er Mangfold /Diversity. Dette er den tematiske vinklingen for det meste av arbeidet vårt, og det ble derfoe feil å ha det som et eget program.
  • Innvilget støtte: De siste 6 månedene har Wikimedia Norge fått innvilget støtte fra: Kulturrådet, NUUG Foundation, Unesco Norge og Fritt Ord.
  • Ferieavvikling: Kontoret kommer til å være stengt noe i juni og juli på grunn av ferieavvikling.


Board meeting 22 January 2019

Community and program work

The action plan for this year has been published her.

  • Collaboration project at The National Library: From January on, Jorid Martinsen will be managing the project, spending three office days a week working for the National Library.

Description of the project can be found here.

  • Student assistants at Oslo Metropolitan University: OsloMet have hired three students in part-time positions to help the institution share more research on Wikipedia. We held an editing introduction course for the students on January 7th.
  • Student intern from Library and Information Science: Our new intern from Library and Information Science started January 7th. He will be working with us for five weeks. His project will be interviewing people who work with diversity on Wikipedia.
  • Further collaboration with The National Library: On December 10th we had a meeting with our National Library contacts to discuss the results of our common projects in 2018, and further plans for collaboration in 2019.
  • The International UN Year of Indigenous Languages: Wikimedia Norge has been approved as a

Civil Society Partner in relation to the UN Year of Indigenous Languages.

  • IIIF-conference: We participated in a IIF conference December 6th, and have also been in touch with The National Wikimedian of Wales to learn more about how to work with IIIF on Wikidata and Wikimedia Commons.
  • Bodil Biørn: Project page can found here. We are assiting Wikimedia Armenia in the production of a photo book with the pictures from the Bodil Biørn collection. The National Archives of Norway, Professor Inger Marie Okkenhaug and Wikimedia Norge have also written texts for the book. Phase two of the Bodil Biørn project will start in February/March 2019.

Vi bistår Wikimedia Armenia med produksjon av en fotobok med Biørns fotografier. Riksarkivet, professor Inger Marie Okkenhaug og Wikimedia Norge bidrar alle med tekst til boken. Fase to av Biørn prosjektet vil starte opp i februar/mars 2019.

  • Women in Red: Project page can be found here. The first semester where students from Library and Information Science at OsloMet could choose to do a Women in Red-project is now finished. The subcject will now be evaluated, and we will get feedbacks on what to improve if the subject is to offered again in the fall of 2019.
  • Northern Sami Wikipedia: Project page can be found here. We are planning an editing contest on Uralic languages in February 2019, related to the IYIL. January 16th we hosted a gathering together with Oslo Sami House for cultural heritage institutions who work on sharing sami
  • Møte med Lokalhistorisk institutt/lokalhistoriewiki.no: 15. januar hadde vi et møte med lokalhistoriewiki.no for å snakke om mulighet for samarbeid om Wikidata, rødlenkeprosjektet og samiske språk.

Administration

  • The communication report for December-January can read here
  • Organizational development with Prospera: We have been accepted to Prospera's organizational development program, and are now waiting to see whether they find funding for the project or not.
  • 'New offices: On December 12th we moved to Greenhouse.
  • Jorid Martinsen quits WMNO: Jorid has handled in her resignation, as she will start in new job from April 2019.
  • General Assembly 2019: There has been sent a summon for the General Assembly 2019, which will take place in Tromsø on March 9th.
  • Project funding granted: In December we were granted project funding from The Arts Council Norway, NUUG Foundadation and got a refund for VAT expences.
  • 'Membership fee collection: From 2019 on we are using a new system for collecting membership fees.


Board meeting November 29th 2018

Community and program work

The action plan for this year has been published here.

  • Distribution of Retriever accesses: Retriever accesses have been redistributed as of 20 November.
  • Wikigrants: One wikigrant was granted in September 2018.
  • Press accreditations: We have applied for 9 press accreditations.
  • Wiki meet-ups: On 18 October 2018 there was a wiki meet-up at Skatten in Tøyen. The next meet-up will be in Tromsø on 8 March in conjunction with the general assembly.
  • Wikidata workshop: Was held on 10 November at Samisk Hus in Oslo, with 10 participants.
  • wikinobel: Wikinobel was held on 24 October at the Nobel Peace Center together with the Swedish Embassy.
  • Wiki Loves Monuments: Wiki Loves Monuments was as usual held during September, and the winners were announced in the end of October.
  • Courses: We have held courses for one university and one organization during this period.


Travels

  • The Sami Parliament, participation in committee meetings, Karasjok, 11–14 September.
  • WikiNEM conference, Stockholm, 5–7 October
  • GLAM-Wiki conference, Tel Aviv, 2–5 November. We presented the Bodil Biørn project together with Wikimedia Armenia.
  • IMAGE AND RESEARCH, Girona, 15th International Conference 22–23 November: We present a paper about the Bodil Biørn project together with the National Archive.

Administration

  • Communication report for September–November 2018.
  • Annual report: The annual report was delivered to the Wikimedia Foundation on 5 September 2018. It can be read here.
  • Site visit from the Wikimedia Foundation: On 18–19 September 2018 we had a site visit from 2 representatives from the Wikimedia Foundation and one representative from the FDC. With them we went through what the employees of WMNO are doing, and they met volunteers, partners, the board and the committees of WMNO.
  • Applications: We applied for cultural heritage funds from Arts Council Norway to continue the Bodil Biørn project. The application was accepted on 19 November 2018.
  • New office: On 12 December 2018 Wikimedia Norge are moving from Kolstadgata 1 to Schweigaards gate 34C, Greenhouse.
  • New accounting system: On 1 November 2018 we are switching to the accounting system Visma eaccounting, and our accounting routines need to be updated to match the new system.

Board meeting 29 November 2018

Community and program work

Drone project: The drone were used by 3 community members during the summer. During the winter months it is lent to a Wikimedia organization in Ghana.

Newsletter: was sent out 27 August

Wiki meetup: at The House of Literature September 4. Wikidata workshop is scheduled for November 10.

Wikigrants: Deadline for next round is September 15

Contests: We organized a weekly editing contest about Sami culture. Upcoming contest: Wiki Loves Monuments will happen in September, a writing- and photo contest about culture heritage. Women in Red-project: the contest will happen in December. Northern Sami contest: the contest will happen in January.

Bodil Biørn-projcet: First phase of the project is done, in collaboration with Wikimedia Armenia and The National Archives of Norway. The project will be presented at the Glam wiki Conference in Tel Aviv in October 2018 together with Wikimedia Armenia and a paper has been accepted for the Image and Research International Conference in Girona in October 2018. The article is written together with The National Archives of Norway. We are applying for funding from The Arts Council September 4 for the second phase of the project.

Digitalt museum to Wikimedia Commons: We have started a trial project for uploading images from the Vestfold Museum (via Digitalt museum) to Wikimedia Commons. It's based on a script made by Wikimedia Sverige, but has to adapted to Norwegian solutions in order to make it work.

OsloMet: Following up our collaboration with intern students from OsloMet, the university is this fall starting a new collaboration with us and The National Library. A student group will be working on the Women in Red-project.

The National Library: a 50 % position for the Women in Red project will start September 1 and last for 6 months in a collaboration between us and The National Library. User:IdaScott is taking on the position. Work place is The National Library. The Mix’n’match tool is used to match the Bibsys/oria-base on Wikidata and the match the Sami Bibliography on Wikidata. So far about 30,000 items are added.

EU Policy: Our contribution for 2017–2018 is transferred to Wikimedia Deutschland. The copy right reform in the EU is the issue with the most focus. The issue is up for debate again in September.

Travels

  • Celtic Knot, conference: one staff member took part an held a presentation.
  • Riddu Riđđu, festival for indigenous people: one staff member and one freelance member of staff took part.
  • Wikimania, conference: all staff members took part. We held two presentations.
  • Márkomeannu, Sami festival: two staff members took part, in a collaboration with The County Library of Nordland.

Administration

Annual plan for 2018–2019 is shared here.

Communication report for this time period. Our Facebook and Instagram-accounts give a good summary of our work.

EEA Grants and Norway Grants: We have registered at EEA Grants and Norway Grants and is part of an application with multiple partners as an expert partner. The application was send be an Estonian organization in June 2018.

WikiNem in Stockholm in October: WMSE writes that the chair of Wikimedia Norge has until August 26 to sign up 5 participants from Wikimedia Norge.

Appliacations for funding: Application for tax refund was send September 1. WE have also appllied to other funders for support to Gender Gap and the Northern sami projects. The applications were declined, but the project ideas and outlines will be used in later applications.

International strategy work: The Executive Director is part of the Working group for Diversity one of the working groups for the international strategy work and is committed to use 5 hours a week on this work.

Site visit from Wikimedia Foundation: We will ger a site visit from Wikimedia Foundation in October for 2-3 days for review of financials and meetings with the board, external partners, community members and staff.

Office at Frivillighetshuset: there is discussions about the renting conditions at the Frivillighetshuset and what costs should be covered by the building owner and the organizations that rent offices. The Executive Director has the last year been chair of the board for the Frivillighetshuset and this took up a lot of time during the summer. She will step down as chair at the September 3 2018 board meeting.

Styremøte 3. juni 2018

Støtteordninger og prosjekter

Lenke til handlingsplan for 2017–2018

  • Bodil Biørn-prosjektet er snart i havn fra vår side. Vi har presentert det på Wikimedia Conference i Berlin, hos Wikimedia Armenia og hatt et seminar hos Riksarkivet om prosjektet. Vi undersøker om det kan forlenges sammen med samarbeidspartnerne våre.
  • Mai: vi har hatt en praksisstudent fra OsloMet hos oss.
  • Vi deltok med en presentasjon hos Riksantikvaren den 8. mai (lukket arrangement).
  • 15. mai var det wikitreff på Litteraturhuset. Neste treff blir 4. september.
  • 20. mai ble Retriever-tildelinger fordelt på nytt.
  • Vi har støttet søknader om presseakkreditering, stipend og vært referanse for frivillige.
  • 23. mai holdt vi kurs for Norsk Komponistforening, som en del av Art&Feminism.
  • 28. mai-30. mai deltok vi på Oslo Freedom Forum. 4 frivillig var med, herunder en wikipedianer fra Sverige/Marokko og en wikipedianer fra Iran.
  • 30. mai hadde vi et arrangement hos Riksarkivet om Bodil Biørn som vil bli dekket i Nordisk Arkivnytt.
  • Vi har startet et samarbeid med Vestfoldmuseene og skal teste et script fra Digitalmuseum til Wikimedia Commons.
  • 14. juni skal vi ha et wikipedia-kurs på OsloMet.


Inngåtte partnerskap
Fra mai er vi en av samarbeidspartnerne til organisasjonen Whose Knowledge. De jobber med "... a global campaign to center the knowledge of marginalized communities (the majority of the world) on the internet."

I mai 2018 inngikk vi et partnerskap med NetBlocks. Dette er arbeidsområde til NetBlocks: "NetBlocks is striving for an open and inclusive digital future for communities around the world." Partnerskapet vårt ble annonsert under Oslo Freedom Forum.


Reiser
Ansatte og styreleder deltok på Wikimedia Conference i Berlin i april. Hovedtema for konferansen var den internasjonale strategiske retningen. WMNO må ta stilling til hvordan vi best kan og vil bidra i utformingen.
I forbindelse med Bodil Biørn-prosjektet var daglig leder i Armenia og besøkte Wikimedia Armenia og Genocide Museum i Jerevan i mai.


Antatte konferansepresentasjoner
Til konferansen Celtic Knot
Til konferansen Wikimania, nr 230.


Konferansepresentasjoner til vurdering
Glam wiki conference, Tel Aviv. Forslag send inn sammen med David Sayoran i Wikimedia Armenia


Presse
Vi har medvirket i artikler i Klassekampen, i Vårt Land, bloggen til NRKbeta, Mediamax i Armenia og Dagsnytt18 på NRK.

Administrasjon

Kommunikasjonsrapport for denne perioden. Facebook og Instagram-kontoen vår gir en god oversikt over mye av arbeidet vårt.
Handlingsplan for neste år er publisert her.
Daglig leder har sammen med sekretær i styre laget en oversikt over styrets oppgaver og et årshjul som kan strukturere arbeidet til styret.
Fordelt på 2 ansatte har vi hatt 5 uker sykemeldinger i april og mai.Kontoret vil være sommerstengt uke 31 og 32, og det meste av juli er de ansatte på reisefot, se oversikt i årets handlingsplan her.


Søknader

  • 1. april søkte vi Wikimedia Foundation om støtte. Wikimedia Foundation sin staff assessment er publisert her. Finansieringsordningen til Wikimedia Foundation endres fra og med 2020. Vi vet ennå ikke hvordan den nye ordningen blir og det utgjør en stor usikkerhet for oss. i 2019 får vi utbetalt samme sum som vi innvilges i år. Vi får svar i begynnelsen av juni.
  • Vi har sammen med Wikimedia Sverige og Wikimedia Finland søkt Nordisk Jämställhetsfond om støtte til et mangfolds-prosjekt. Vi får svar i mai/juni.
  • Vi har i tillegg søkt om støtte til nordsamisk Wikipedia-prosjektet og til gender gap-arrangement. Vi får svar på disse to søknadene i juni.



Board meeting 20 February 2018

Community and program work

Safe space policy

Education

  • A full-day course in Wikipedia editing was held at Åsane Community College in January.
  • On February 9 we held a course for 52 participants at the University of Oslo. One volunteer participated in order to learn how WMNO's employee handles these events.
  • On two Fridays in February, one employee and one volunteer have held Wikipedia editing courses for refugees in Gamle Oslo.

Bodil Biørn project
Wikimedia Norge has been granted an application for NOK 100,000 to make an image collection by Bodil Biørn available on Wikimedia Commons. Former intern Sabine Rønsen will transcribe the captions. The executive director will be travelling to Armenia in the start of May to meet with Wikimedia Armenia. On May 30th, Wikimedia Norge and the National Archive will invite Wikipedians to a collaboration on the captions. The project is being done in partnership with the National Archive and Wikimedia Armenia. You can read more about the grant here. The project can be followed on Phabricator.

Northern Sami project
A project page has been created on our wiki, and the project can be followed on Phabricator. The project is moving along as planned, and we are working on concretizing plans with partners and set up financing. In December, we participated at the Norwegian Directorate for Cultural Heritage's gathering on Sami monuments, and had a meeting with the Sami language center Gáisi Giellaguovddáš. In February we were in Kautokeino and held meetings with the Sami University, the Sami Parliament, the Norwegian National Institution for Human Rights and the Sami Archive.

In addition to an agreement to participate at the festival Márkomeannu together with the Nordland County Library, we have also been granted a space at the Riddu Riđđu festival. Both are happening in July 2018.

Interns
We had an intern in the office for 6 weeks at the start of the year. She was working on a Wikidata project: the Sami Bibliography on Wikidata. We are in talks to see how/if we can further develop the internship program. We have told OsloMet that we can receive one student in May/June.


Administration

  • Communication measurement for the previous term
  • In January 2018, the employees have rewritten our Annual Plan Grant application from 1 April 2017, on request from WMF employees. The main rewriting work has been on the program section. Our progress report was deliveed to the Wikimedia Foundation on 2 February 2018. Our next APG application has a deadline on 1 April 2018, which means 23 March 2018 because of the Easter holiday.
  • The second payment from the Wikimedia Foundation was received on 14 February.
  • The annual accounting work is finished.
  • We have nominated one member for the Open Government Partnership in Norway.
  • Frivillighetshuset: There are problems with the systems for cooling, heating and ventilation in Kolstadgata 1. This year, the E.D. also holds the position as board chair of Frivillighetshuset, and needs to set aside some time for discussions in the Frivillighetshuset board and the landlord to solve these issues.
  • Se also the employees' annual plans going forward.


Board meeting 28 November 2017

Community and program work

  • 6 accesses to Retriever have been disseminated as part of the Wikipedia Library
  • 4 wikigrants have been approved by WMNO, all connected to diversity work.
  • 5 applications for photo accreditation have been sent and accepted for two volunteer photographers
  • 5 contributors have had travel expenses covered by WMNO
  • Wiki Loves Monuments was held in September 2017: The contest consisted of two parts – a photo contest lasting for one month, and a writing contest lasting for two weeks. The winners of the photo contest were announced at the end of October.
  • "Writing women into history", held during the Science Days on 21 September: Together with Hege Høsøien from the National Library and Merete Røstad from the National Academy of the Arts, we held a panel during the Science Days at the House of Culture in Oslo. There were about 80 attendees and a lot of good feedback and social media buzz. The event was also streamed.
  • Lecture at HIS4050 at UiO, 28 September: The subject "History Dissemination". 19 students participated, and the course is registered in the Education Dashboard.
  • 2–8 October we organized a writing contest in conjunction with the announcement of the Nobel Peace Prize.
  • Wikinobel at the Nobel Center, 6 October: In conjuncion with the announcement of the Nobel Peace Prize laureate we also held an editathon at the Nobel Center. We also wrote an opinion piece in Klassekampen about this subject.
  • On 23–29 October we organized a writing contest about publications in conjunction with the Open Access week.
  • Open Access event at UiO, 25 October: Introduction about quality control on Wikipedia during the UiO University Library's Open Access week, followed by an editathon. About 20 attendees, 7 attended the editathon. The Citation Hunt tool was sent to all university librarians afterwards.
  • Wikidata workshop 18 November: We held a workshop on advanced Wikidata tools for established contributors at Tøyen Startup Village. There were 12 participants who were all experienced Wikipedians. The feedback from the workshop was good.

Northern Sami Wikipedia

We have held meetings with the National Library, the National Archive, the Directorate for Cultural Heritage, the festival Márkomeannu and the Nordland County Library, Samisk hus in Oslo and Várdobáiki Sami Center about cooperation relating to the Northern Sami Wikipedia. Our GLAM work in 2018 will to a large degree be connected to Sami cultural heritage.

  • Hjemmesiden vår er blitt oversatt til nordsamisk.
  • A survey aimed at former and current contributors to the Northern Sami Wikipedia has been made, translated into Northern Sami and sent out to contributors.
  • We are working on putting together and international reference group with Wikimedians who are experienced working on small languages and small Wikipedias.
  • The native name of Northern Sami in the MediaWiki software has been changed from "sámegiella" (Sami) to "davvisámegiella" (Northern Sami). (phab:T156589)
  • The MediaWiki extension ArticlePlaceholder has been enabled on the Northern Sami Wikipedia. (phab:T179241; see example)

International work

  • We participated in WikidataCon, a conference for Wikidata contributors, held in Berlin in October.
  • We participated in a 2-day meeting for the Volunteer Supporters Network, held in Berlin in November. VSN is group of employees from various Wikimedia chapters working on supporting volunteers that was started to share experiences across borders.
  • We have participated in a 2-day partnership workshop in Berlin in November. The goal of the workshop was to reach a common understanding about cooperation to affect the work on phase 2 of the Wikimedia movement strategy.
  • Wikimedia Diversity Conference, Stockholm, 3–5 November: Astrid, Jorid and Sabine participated in the conference, that had 80 participants from all oer the world. The theme was diversity in Wikimedia projects when concerning cender, cultural background, language, etc. Before the conference we participated in the planning as well as financially. Sabine held a talk about her interviews with female Wikiedias. Skill sharing session: Resource Alocation. We were responsible for one of the parallell tracks during the conference together ith Afifa Afrin from Wikimedia Bangladesh and Katy Love and Marti Johnson from the Wikimedia Foundation. Afifa Afrin wrote a blog post about the conference on our blog.
  • On 6 November we were visited by three Wikimedians from Ghana who had been to the diversity conference in Stockholm.

Administration

  • Communication measurement for the last term.
  • The annual for 2017–2018 has been updated for the next six months.
  • The board and employees have had a strategy workshop facilitated by Frans Grijzenhout, board chair of Wikimedia Nederland.
  • A Letter of Intent has been delivered to the Wikimedia Foundation on 1 November, with the same amount as last year.
  • The application for the Wikimedia Foundation Annual Plan Grant is to be delivered on 1 April (or 23 March because of the Easter holiday). Two things worth noting: There are more and better APG applications, and after round 1, which was finished on 1 November, the FDC wrote: "Now that the movement is deciding how to implement the new strategic direction, the FDC encourages future applicants to think about aligning their programs with this overall strategy."
  • Our accounts reflect the higher activity with travels and project work, and the number of expense reports have increased by about 30 % from the same time last year.
  • We have participated in several conferences and workshops in the previous term, like the Arts Council's annual conference on 9 November, where the subject was Sami culture, and K-lab's workshops on KulturNav and Transkribus.
  • There have been many travel and conference days during the term: 23 days from 15 September till 28 November.

Board meeting 15 September 2017

Community and program work

  • Bokhylla: Accesses for Bokhylla.no from foreign IPs have been disseminated.
  • Drone project: The project page can be read here. On this page you con see the media that has been uploaded as part of the project.
  • The Europeana 1914–1918 project was finished on July 31st.
  • Cooperation between Armenia and Norway: In June the Armenian winner of the Armenian-Norwegian writing contest visited Norway. During his visit he participated in the Europeana 1914–1918 workshop at the Arts Council, a tour of the National Archives, where we looked at materials from Bodil Biørn who was a midwife, nurse and missionary in Armenia, and went on a tour of the Munch museum with several Wikipedians. The Norwegian winner visited Armenia in July. A blog entry from his travel can be seen here. Wikimedia Armenia and Wikimedia Norge have agreed to cooperate further on writing contests and a possible collaboration on freeing archived material made by Bodil Biørn.
  • During June and July, former intern Sabine Rønsen worked here for her summer job. She was working on several projects related to Wikipedia's gender gap, including work on the Wikimedia Diversity Conference. A summary of interviews she made can be read here.
  • Celtic Knot Conference, Edinburgh: As a beginning of our Northern Sami Wikipedia project, three employees participated in the Celtic Knot conference in Edinburgh in July, where we organized a workshop. The theme of the conference was minority language Wikipedias.
  • Train the trainers, Edinburgh: Sabine Rønsen participated in this course and has agreed to hold three courses this fall on our behalf.
  • Wikimania: Two board members and one employee participated in Wikimania in Montréal in August. Amongst other things, they met with representatives of the FDC, which gave us good feedback on our work.
  • Festival photo, summer 2017: A volunteer contributor has been accredited to take photos at four festivals. This user also got a grant from the Wikimedia Foundation to cover travel costs.
  • The board of Wikimedia Norge has held a survey of political parties regarding Wikipedia and free licenses.
  • Newsletter: The newsletter was sent out on-wiki and by email on 1 September. In the newsletter one can read about activities in the upcoming months:
    • Wiki Loves Monuments 2017: The world's largest photo competition lasts through September, and there is a writing contest held in parallel for two weeks, during week 37 and 38.
    • Wiki meetup: On September 12th there was a wiki meetup about references at the House of Literature in Oslo. Ole Bjørn Rekdal lectured.
    • September 15: This is the deadline to apply for wikigrants from Wikimedia Norge.
    • September 16: Wiki-LAN, an editathon to increase the coverage of and participation from women in Wikipedia, is held at Musikkonservatoriet, Tromsø.
    • September 21: During the Oslo Science Days, Wikimedia Norge organizes the session Writing women into history
    • October 6: During the announcement of who will be this year's Nobel Peace Prize laureate, a group of Wikipedians will be present at the Nobel Peace Center for #wikinobel to cover the prize and the laureate(s) in a good way.

All events we organize or participate in are announced on Wikimedia Norge's Facebook page.

Administration

  • We have put a new member system, CiviCRM, in place, and all members have been added to it.
  • Communication measurements for this period can be read here. Wikimedia Norge's communication plan is published here.
  • We have applied for VAT compensation and sent an application to the Arts Council. We have been granted a travel grant from the NUUG Foundation for 16,000 NOK.
  • Wikimedia Foundation have asked us to rewrite our application from 1 April 2017, so that they can get reports in their preferred structure.
  • Wikimedia Norge's annual report for the Wikimedia Foundation is due on September 28.
  • The vice chair and the ED have been working on preparing our 16–17 September strategy summit in Oslo.
  • The employees took their vacation time in July.
  • An employee has had a birth leave for 2 weeks.
  • Two employees have registered for an online Northern Sami course.

Board meeting 6 June 2017

Community and program work

  • We have agreed to hold a lecture at UiO's Historieformidling class the following autumn, and we're in touch with KHiO about continued collaboration
  • We have organized several weekly contests on Wikipedia.
  • Fra May 15 through June 15 the photo competition Wiki Loves Earth will be organized.
  • 6 accesses for Retriever were disseminated for the May–October period.
  • A wiki meetup was organized at Litteraturhuset by volunteers in May; the intern, Executive Director and Community Manager participated.
  • The winner of this winter's writing contest in collaboration with Wikimedia Armenia will visit Norway in June. Several activities are planned for this visit, e.g. a guided tour at the National Archive, the 22 July Centre and the Munch Museum.
  • On June 19 we will host a workshop at the Arts Council in collaboration with K-lab, with a guest from Europeana.
  • We're planning an event for the Science Days in September together with one or more partners.
  • The drone project has been started. See the project page.
  • For the first time we've helped import data fram an archive to Wikidata. The archive belongs to VID Specialized University and this list of missionaries has been imported: There is now a total of 827 Norwegian missionaries in Wikidata, of which 95 don't have an ID in MHS, which means there are 732 missionaries with an ID. Most of these don't have a Wikipedia article, but they now have plenty of data in Wikidata.
  • A volunteer was invited to take photos at Oslo Freedom Forum in June, and we're working to make them release their own photos under a free license. The Executive Director also got an invitation and took part in the event.


All events we organize or participate in are announced on our Facebook page.

Administration

  • Our application for funds was delivered to the Wikimedia Foundation on April 1, and we received the full amount we applied for. That means that starting 1 July 2017, Wikimedia Norge will have 2.4 full-time employees.
  • An application to UNESCO to organize Wiki Loves Earth was rejected.
  • Travel support from NUUG for Sabine Rønsen to go to a train-the-trainers event and Celtic Knot in Edinburgh was accepted.
  • The money for supporting FKAGEU was paid in June.
  • All employees and the board chair participated in the Wikimedia Conference in Berlin in April.
  • Travels that are planned for the next six months are: Celtic Knot, Edinburgh, July; Wikimania, Montréal, August; hack4no, Hønefoss, October; WikidataCon, Berlin, October; Wikimedia Diversity Conference, Stockholm, November. See the annual plan for links and dates
  • The general assembly and wiki days were held in Trondheim in March.
  • Our office in Frivillighetshuset has been painted.
  • We have signed up for Tøyen Startup Village, which gives us access to nice metting rooms at Tøyen Torg.
  • We have updated our logo to a new version
  • The newsletter was sent out on May 3
  • In the next six months we will work on implementing a simpler membership system and project management system. The former to reduce time spent on administration, and the latter to increase transparency and ways to collaborate with volunteers.
  • Mette Henriksen from HiOA has been interning with us in May.
  • Sabine Rønsen, who interned with us in January/February 2016, has been working with us during the summer.

Because of 3 weeks of sick leave for the ED in March, some work was delayed.

The employees will mostly take their vacation time in July. The office will be closed from July 10 to July 14.

Board meeting 23 February 2017

Administration

  • The results of the user survey that was conducted before Christmas have been published on Meta in Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk and English.
  • Our website, wikimedia.no, has been translated into Norwegian Nynorsk and English.
  • The translation tool has been installed on our wiki.
  • Our semiannual report has been sent to the Wikimedia Foundation, and can be read here.
  • We have sent an application to Unesco for a project.
  • Newsletters have been sent out via email and on-wiki. Emails have been sent to all members from 2016 with a reminder to pay their membership fees for 2017.
  • The premises for the 2017 general assembly in Trondheim and the wiki meetup on 24th–25th of March have been reserved. The program with registration for those attending has been shared here.

Wikimedia Norge has participated in a workshop about linked data structures organized by the National Archive and NRK. We have participated in a two-day ED gathering about a new Wikimedia Foundation strategy in Lausanne and on a two-day GLAM-wiki meetup at Unesco in Paris.

Community and program work

  • A Wikipedia editing course has been held for Orkla employees.
  • #faktajakt (the Norwegian edition of #1lib1ref) was arranged in January/February with the intern from Osle and Akershus University College. Sabine Rønsen was our intern for five weeks. Read her blog post about #faktajakt here. An article written about us in Bibliotekaren about #faktajakt and reference use on Wikipedia can be read here.
  • Armenia contest: A blog post summarizing the competition can be read here. The jury's feedback on the top 10 contributions were published on their talk pages. The result can be read here.
  • A wiki meetup at the House of Literature was held on the 17th of January. We cover the expenses, but the meetup is organized by volunteer contributors. An employee and the intern participated and awarded the prize for the best contribution in the Armenia contest. The intern summarized the meetup on our blog, which can be read here.
  • Wikigrants: 2 applications have been received, which are under consideration.
  • Accreditation for Norge Bank, the bank manager's annual speech, was set up for a contributor, and the result and the work with identifying the guests can be followed here.
  • By request we have sponsored prizes for two weekly contests, one about sources and one about the Oscars and the World Ski Championships.
  • We have translated the Wiki Education Foundation Dashboard into Norwegian for use in courses. We have tested it with the intern, and will start using it during the next few weeks at Oslo National Academy of the Arts, the University of Oslo and at NTNU.
  • Together with 3 contributors we will organize Wiki Loves Earth from the 1st to the 31st of May.
  • We are participating in the Europeana 1914–1918 challenge, and will arrange a number of activities in collaboration with institutions connected to this epoch.

All events we organize or participate in are announced on Wikimedia Norge's Facebook page.

Board meeting 26 November 2016

Administration

  • New homepage is up www.wikimedia.no.
  • Wiki-newsletters is created and you can sign up for those here
  • User Survey is running from November 16th to December 1st, 2016. It is advertised via sitenotice, email and newsletters.
  • Wikimedia Norway's annual impact report was delivered on September 28th, 2016 and can be read here.
  • Wikimedia Norway's statement on next year's funding application to the Foundation was delivered on November 1st, 2016 and can be read here. We ask to be considered for 2-year support from 2017.
  • Executive director has taken mandatory safety courses for managers.
  • An HSE handbook has been prepared for the organization.
  • A fire instruction have been prepared for the organization and delivered to sublets and main landlord in Kolstadgata 1.

Wikimedia Norway has participated in Nordic open geodata gathering, # hack4no in Hønefoss and K-Lab's conference "Mulighetenes rom" - erfaringskonferanse.

Frivillighetshuset in Kolstadgata 1 is this autumn under reconstruction. The rebuilding has caused a lot of noise, dust and shutting off water etc., which has led to poor working conditions. This will be followed up by us and other tenants, with the main landlord.

Community and program work

All events we organize or attend is advertised on Wikimedia Norway's facebook page.

Board meeting 22 September 2016

Administration

  • wikipedia.no: The website has been redesigned by a volunteer. Thanks!
  • Wiki Mania: Two contributors received a travel stipend by us. The chairman, deputy chairman and one employee also participated. #wikinobel came among the top three in the competition Wikipedia coolest project.
  • New position: The position as Community Manager was announced this summer, and on August 22nd Jon Harald Søby was employed for a 40%-employment. He works from Trondheim.
  • Application for VAT compensation: We applied for 80,000 NOK and will have an answer in November.
  • Website: We are working on making a website that targets those who don't know Wikimedia Norge, with a contact form, membership form and info about us and about how to donate.
  • User survey: We are preparing a user survey to be held in the end of 2016. The survey will target contributors on Wikimedia projects.

We're increasingly being contacted by contributors who need help with borrowing equipment, getting accreditations, recommendations, covering expenses, etc. That makes us happy! This is an important part of our work.

Community and program work

  • Wikigrants: Application deadline 15 September
  • bokhylla.no: 5 accesses have been granted to contributors with foreign IP addresses. See the Wikipedia Library.
  • Access to Retriever (Atekst): 6 contributors have had free acces from 15 August till 15 September. We're working on getting a lasting agreement. See the Wikipedia Library.
  • Wiki Loves Monuments September 2016: We're organizing both a photo contest and a writing contest.
  • Cooperation with Wikimedia Armenia: In November there will be a four-week contest in cooperation with Wikimedia Armenia.
  • Wikipedia-undervisning på UiO: The collaboration with UiO continues with Wikipedia-lectures for masterstudents each semester
  • #wikinobel: This year explainer videos were also made by the SimpleShow Foundation. See [1].

Info on all events are shared on Wikimedia Norge's facebook-page